Sometimes medical professionals use technology in a way that is safe for your body, produces quick results, and has no negative side effects.
Only with Doppler ultrasound can doctors see what’s happening inside your body without using X-rays or injections.
Rather, it converts sound waves into visuals. It can be used by your doctor to check for problems with blood flow, such as vein clots or artery blockages.
It’s one of the primary techniques for checking for deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a condition in which blood clots develop in deep body veins, typically in the legs.
deep vein thrombosis can result in more severe issues, like a clot in your lungs. It might endanger life. So, if you experience symptoms, it’s crucial to get tested.
Colour Doppler ultrasound in Chandigarh can detect and assess the development of red blood cells because they cause a change in the pitch of the reflected sound waves, also known as the Doppler impact.
They use conventional ultrasound techniques to produce an image of a blood vessel, and a computer then converts the Doppler sounds into colours that are superimposed on the image to show the direction and speed of blood flow to the vessel.
Every image has frames that identify the locations of the blood, and the speed is determined by the frame rate.
Benefits of the Colour Doppler ultrasound include:
- Pain is usually minimal
- Not using radiation
- Can demonstrate the presence of blocked arteries in the neck, arms, or legs
- Can demonstrate the presence of blood clots in the veins of your legs
- Can display the quantity and rate of blood flow in your arteries and veins
- Provides a graphic representation of the heart’s or a vessel’s blood flow
- Assists in determining flow direction and velocity
- Helps with the quick identification of vessels, valves, and turbulent flow
What purposes do Color Doppler tests serve?
The Color Doppler test is primarily used for:
aids in evaluating blood flow following a stroke or other conditions that affect blood flow
aids in determining the presence, quantity, and turbulent flow associated with arterial plaques.
aids in monitoring the blood flow to vital organs such as the heart, kidney, liver, pancreas, etc.
When is it appropriate to use the Colour Doppler Mode?
- Locate the stenotic or thrombotic area (e.g. TAC or aneurysm models)
- Examine the presence, number, and turbulent flow associated with arterial plaques
- Learn about tiny blood vessels like the mouse coronary arteries and femoral and arcuate arteries
- Assess blood flow following a stroke or other conditions that affect it
- Check the circulation of blood to vital organs like the heart, liver, pancreas, kidney, carotid, abdominal aorta, and others
In conclusion, the Color Doppler test is an essential tool for identifying diseases and conditions that affect the heart’s ability to pump blood effectively.
If a Color Doppler test has been recommended for you or a member of your family, schedule an appointment at Chandigarh’s premier Color Doppler ultrasound facility.
One of the top diagnostic centres and a pathology lab with NABL accreditation, Sanjivini Diagnostics provides its clients with convenient, trustworthy, and accurate pathology and diagnostic services.
Set Up Your Color Doppler Test Right Away! Call 09878354027 to reach us anytime.