A specialised ultrasound called a fibro scan is used to assess the liver’s stiffness. It is a non-invasive test that is used to assess a liver’s health.
The ultrasound method is used in the fibro scan test to search for liver scar tissue. For the test, a doctor uses a specialised ultrasound machine.
Another name for the fibro scan test is ultrasound elastography. As it investigates the elasticity of the physical characteristic of liver tissue. Additionally, Sanjivini Diagnostics, Chandigarh offers the Fibroscan liver test.
Important information about the Fibroscan test
- Prior to treatment, patients should abstain from alcohol for two weeks. You can sip on clear liquids or water in small amounts, but you should try to limit your intake.
- If you are pregnant or have an implantable device, such as a pacemaker or defibrillator, consult your doctor before getting a fibroscan. It should take 10 to 20 minutes to complete the scan.
- The Controlled Attenuation Parameter, also known as a CAP Score, quantifies the amount of (fatty liver) FAT in the liver.
- Decibels per metre (dB/m) is the unit of measurement for the CAP score, and it ranges from 100 to 400 dB/m.
- You might experience a slight vibration on the skin at the probe’s tip during the test as ultrasound waves are delivered to the area to be measured.
- There is no pain relief necessary for a fibroscan.
The test’s objective
Doctors use the fibroscan test to check for any diseases or abnormal liver conditions. The scan helps doctors make a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Some significant findings include
- A stiff liver
- Liver scarring
- Fibrosis level
- Fibrosis level
When should a fibroscan be performed?
People who have fibrosis or a scar in their liver are typically asymptomatic. If you experience any of the following signs of liver disease, you must have a fibroscan test.
- Loss of weight
- Pale skin
- A bleeding nose
Fibroscan testing procedure
In many ways, the process is like an ultrasound scan.
- In order to expose the right side of your abdomen, your doctor will ask you to lie on your back.
- On the skin of the right abdomen, a gel is applied. To the region where the liver is situated, a device known as a transducer is moved.
- Delivered sound waves travel to the liver and then return.
- Using the probe is not painful and causes little discomfort.
- The monitor shows the transmitted sound waves.
- The entire process lasts only a short while.
Ultrasound is used during a fibroscan liver test, a non-invasive imaging procedure, to look at the liver.
This scanning technology is employed to evaluate the liver’s condition and look for fibrosis. You can leave after the Fibroscan test on the same day because it only takes 15 minutes.
This cutting-edge Fibroscan technology is now accessible at Fibroscan liver test in Chandigarh for the diagnosis of liver disease and offers a quick, non-invasive, and painless measurement of liver health.